Battlefied Tours – Europe, Asia, The Pacific & Australia View Basket
To order this holiday brochure for FREE delivery to your home or computer, click the GET THIS FREE button.
The Best Historians | First-Class Escorted Touring | No Hidden Costs
Visit the world’s iconic battlefields with Australia's Battlefield Specialists
Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours is Australia’s leading dedicated battlefield touring company. Join Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours to see the world's battlefields the safe, friendly and easy way!
- Guaranteed departures on Anzac Day tours to France and Gallipoli – Anzac Day tours will operate, regardless of passenger numbers!
- Dedicated War Historian, Tour Manager and Driver on every tour
- The best Historians –Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours'War Historians are all published experts on the battlefields. You’ll recognise their names from books, TV, radio and newspapers
- Bonus visits - Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours knows the battlefields and uses this knowledge to visit special places on the battlefields that other tour operators don’t know about!
- Educational components – on many of Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours each passenger is provided with an information pack about a specific Australian soldier. Follow the service and sacrifice of your soldier as you travel across the battlefields and, in many cases, pay your respects to him at his grave, making for a more personal experience
- Tour prices guaranteed against currency fluctuations
- No optional extras – all touring and admission fees are included
- End of tour tips are also included
First-class accommodation and coaches on every tour 5 nights’ accommodation at Gallipoli. This enables Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours to see more of the important sites on the Peninsula and to avoid the crush of the Anzac Day crowds
Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours understands the importance of visiting a relative’s grave – if you would like to visit the grave of a relative buried on the battlefields your guides will do everything they can to incorporate this into the itinerary
Tour the battlefields the safe and easy way
- Hassle-free travel: Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours takes care of all the details, so you can enjoy the experience!
- Great value: Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours will save you time and money
- Peace of mind: Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours is part of a family company that has been in the Australian travel industry for more than 30 years
- The best itineraries: All Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours are designed to showcase the most important battlefield sites, with the right mix of free time to shop, explore or relax. The itineraries also include sightseeing excursions to other local attractions
- Like-minded travellers: People join Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours to pay their respects to the Anzacs and to see where they fought and died. The bonds of friendship that form during this very special journey will last a lifetime
Western Front Explorer Tour
4 Days April-October
This 4-day tour visits the key Australian battlefields in France and Belgium. Multiple departures.
Anzac day on the Western Front
9 Nights - April
Visit the key Australian battlefields in France and Belgium and commemorate Anzac Day with the moving Dawn Service at Villers-Bretonneux. This is Australia's most popular Western Front tour.
Anzac Day at Gallipoli
8 Nights - April
Pay your respects to the original Anzacs at Gallipoli, the place where the Anzac legend was born. Your tour includes the Anzac Day Dawn Service, plus a full tour of the key battlefield sites across the peninsula.
Fall of the Third Reich
10 Nights - July
Join this unique tour that follows the rise and fall of one of the most infamous regimes of all time – Nazi Germany.
Fromelles and Pozieres Anniversary
10 Nights 14 – July
Walk in the footsteps of the more than 30,000 Australians who were killed or wounded in these two monumental battles, and commemorate the anniversary of both in the fields where the battles occurred.
Lone Pine & The Nek Centenary
8 Nights - August
The battles of Lone Pine and the Nek are two of the most famous and tragic in the history of Australian warfare. Join us on this unique tour and stand on the ground where these epic encounters took place on the centenary of both battles.
Guadalcanal and HMAS Canberra Anniversary
4 Nights - August
Commemorate the Anniversary of the Battle of Guadalcanal, the turning point in the Pacific battles of World War Two. This tour is escorted by Mat McLachlan, founder of Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours.
Sons Of Anzacs
Commemoration Tour 8 Nights - October
Join this 8-night Commemoration Tour of the Australian battlefields of southern Vietnam, which begins and ends in Saigon, and visits the key Australian battle sites in southern Vietnam and is escorted by a team of expert historians, led by LTC Gary McKay MC (ret), a platoon commander in Vietnam and one of Australia’s leading historians on the war.
WWI Centenary Tours
Commemorate the 100th anniversary of the great battles of the First World War on this exclusive series of tours. These special centenary tours will operate in addition to our regular Anzac Day tours each year. Each tour includes comprehensive visits to all the Australian battlefields in the region, plus commemoration services to mark the centenary of the key battle. Tours are escorted by Australia’s leading military historians.
Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours can build a tailor-made tour for you to any battlefield, anywhere in the world. Flexi Small Group Tours and Battlefield Tours for School Groups are also a speciality.
This brochure covers the regions and holiday types listed below. Click on the links to see more free travel brochures covering the regions and holiday types you are interested in.
- ANZAC Tour
- Asia for Seniors
- Australia for Seniors
- Australia Premium
- Europe for Seniors
- Europe Premium
- Europe Small Group
- Mediterranean Europe
- Military History
- Pacific Cruise
- South East Asia
- SPECIAL INTEREST
- Western Europe