Cycle & Cruise Australia & New Zealand View Basket
To order this holiday brochure for FREE delivery to your home or computer, click the GET THIS FREE button.
This brochure is no longer available on this website.
A fantastic opportunity to cycle some of the best Rail Trails in New Zealand!
Sydney to Auckland including Milford Sound aboard Celebrity Solstice | A choice of two departures: 20 Nov to 4 Dec, 2019 | 7 to 19 Feb, 2020
Cruise on the luxury Celebrity Solstice from Sydney to Auckland via Melbourne, Fiordland National Park, Dunedin, Wellington, Picton and Tauranga. In each port of call on this cruise, you will be met by a coach and transferred to a fantastic bike track, many of which are the best rail trails in New Zealand.
Cycle as much or as little as you like
- Each day, you are provided with a bike and have an option of a shorter or a longer section of the days ride.
- Most of the rides are on rail trails and are relatively flat as the trains were not able to climb steep hills.
- All of the rides showcase spectacular scenery of Australia and New Zealand.
- An easier section might be approximately 30km, which would take three to four hours of easy riding; a harder ride might be 50 to 60km, which would take approximately five hours.
- Each ride will have a meeting point where the group will come together for lunch before continuing on to the end of the ride, where you will be met by a bus and taken back to the ship.
- The rides will be looked after by a tour manager, who is contactable by phone to come and pick you up at any time if required.
- Derwent River Foreshore Trail, Hobart
- Spectacular cruising through Milford Sound followed by Doubtful and Dusky Sounds
- Otago Central Rail Trail, the first of New Zealand’s rail trails
- The New Zealand Great Ride the Rimutaka Trail
- Cycle trail of Rotorua takes in four significant geothermal fields: Whakarewarewa, Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Akaroa – Little River Trail
- Cycle along the Seabird Coast to Kopu and then along to Thames
- Cycle the historic railway corridor from Thames winding through the Karangahake Gorge to Waihi
- Luxury Cruising onboard Celebrity Solstice
Great Cruise Inclusions…
- Travel on Celebrity Solstice in the selected cabin category
- All meals, entertainment and service charges on Celebrity Solstice
- 2 nights’ accommodation including breakfast in the Thames area (both tours),
- 2 nights’ accommodation including breakfast in Auckland (7 Feb tour only)
- Bike rental in each port of call
- International airfare Auckland to Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney
- Tour management by Travelrite International Pty. Ltd.
- A Travelrite backpack
- Welcome drinks party
- A farewell dinner
- Onboard gratuities
Travelrite International has over 30 years' experience organising unique special interest tours to many wonderful and exotic locations worldwide. A family business that values integrity, quality and providing customers with fantastic value, in 2013 Travelrite won the 'Best Cruise Promotion' for its Film Festival at Sea tour with David Stratton and in 2015 it won the 'Cruise agency of the year' bronze award. Staff have all travelled extensively and can provide expert advice on any of your travel needs. Travelrite has two retail offices in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria.
This brochure covers the regions and holiday types listed below. Click on the links to see more free travel brochures covering the regions and holiday types you are interested in.