Oman Cultural Tour View Basket
To order this holiday brochure for FREE delivery to your home or computer, click the GET THIS FREE button.
This brochure is no longer available on this website.
Oman Cultural Tour - hosted by Mike Taverner
18 January - 29 January 2019 | 12 days
Muscat | Al Shab | Sur | Ras Al Hadd | Desert Camp | Nizwa | Jabal Akhdar | Misfat Al Abriyyin | Al Hamra | Wadi Nakhur
Combining breathtaking natural beauty with an expertly maintained cultural heritage, the Sultanate of Oman is one of the least-known, yet most exciting destinations in the Middle East.
The country also provides many wonderful opportunities for walking and trekking. The mountains of North Oman with their rugged scenery, calming solitude – where people live much as they have lived for centuries – has breathtaking views, dramatic canyons, gorges and high altitude plateaus. The treks range from easy walks to longer treks over difficult terrain. Many of the trails follow centuries-old routes through the mountains and are still in use by mountain villagers as the only means of access to some of the most isolated settlements.
- Explore traditional souqs
- Walks in the mountains, wadis and amongst the date palms
- Short trek to view Muscat from the other side
- Experience Omani hospitality at home
- A camel trek and desert camp
- Meet Omanis in their villages, Bedouins in the desert
- Accommodation for 11 nights on double share basis
- All transfer and sightseeing will be using air-conditioned tourist vehicles
- English speaking local spot guide for sightseeing places
- One-time entrances at the monument places as per program
- Services of a local tour escort
- Services of Mike Taverner
- Meals as per itinerary
- All taxes including current Government taxes, which are subject to change without any notice
Your tour host
Your expert tour leader, Mike Taverner, is an experienced group leader and enthusiastic walker having completed many recreational and wilderness walks. He is not a frantic 'must get there quickly' walker but one who enjoys absorbing the sights, sounds and experiences of the surrounds.
Mike leads Active Travel groups on walking adventures in West Timor, Nagaland, Peru, Japan and Ethiopia. Having hosted so many tours over the years Mike is always well informed of the local conditions and full of enthusiasm for the amazing environment and its cultural and natural history.
About Active Travel
Active Travel specialises in Independent Journeys to a diverse range of unique destinations. These private tours use private transport and guides, giving you the comfort and security of local knowledge and assistance with the flexibility and freedom to spend time exploring on your own.
Active Travel presents favourite itineraries from countries all around the world designed to inspire your travels. You can choose to book the suggested itinerary or have a trip tailor-made to your interests, destinations and budget. Your trip can depart on any day with a minimum of just two people.
Active Travel's experienced staff have expertise across all seven continents and work with you to create the most amazing holiday memories, saving you precious time while taking care of:
- Independent Tours to every destination worldwide
- Flights, Trains, Buses and Ferries
- Private Groups for friends and family
- Hosted Group Tours
- River, Ocean & Expedition Cruises
- Travel Insurance
- Car Hire & Car Leasing
- All Types of Accommodation
- Corporate Travel and conferences
- Independent Journeys
This brochure covers the regions and holiday types listed below. Click on the links to see more free travel brochures covering the regions and holiday types you are interested in.