To order this holiday brochure for FREE delivery to your home or computer, click the GET THIS FREE button.
Scandinavia, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Russia, Mongolia, China & Arctic
Draw a line along the 50th parallel north and look at everything above that is 50 Degrees North's specialist region.
50 Degrees North has developed an exceptional concept specialising in this unique, beautiful and sometimes extremely remote area of the world.
It is an area of distinct seasons where light plays a more significant part of life than anywhere else. It is a region where they have a public holiday on the day the sun re-emerges back over the horizon after a long winter; it is where the northern light will throw waves of purple and green light across the sky in an incredible spectacle; and it is where you can enjoy 24 hour sunlight.
The 50th parallel travels through the northern part of mainland Europe, Russia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China and Canada. 50 Degrees North is where mainland Europe ends and Northern Europe starts; it is where the Central Asian deserts meet the deep forests of the Siberian taiga and where Canada freezes over.
From Longyearbyen to Ε, and Helsinki to Ulaanbaatar & Vladivostok, 50 Degrees North is about inspiration, unparalleled experiences and personal achievements undertaken beyond the 50th parallel north.
Tours and expeditions are high on quality, not for luxury standards, but for the unique and groundbreaking focus.
50 Degrees North is a specialist travel company that aims to give you more than just a holiday, focussing on the most enriching style of travel. Not necessarily cheap, but rewarding, full of real-life experiences and with incredible value for money.
50 Degrees North's knowledge and expertise will allow you to get deep under the skin of the northern region, and take home with you learning and understanding that others will miss. You will journey off the main tourist track and out in those lesser known or accessible areas of the high north.
Independent Journeys and Self-Drive itineraries across the region.
Norwegian Fjords and Scandinavian Capitals by rail and ferry allow you to travel independently using unique accommodation and local transport.
A new Trans-Mongolian Railway option is designed for those wanting to complete this epic journey independently.
Nordic manor houses, beautiful historic hotels and Danish castles feature in the new range of independent self-drive itineraries. These well-crafted tours offer the discerning traveller a modern alternative to well-trodden European destinations.
A selection of group tours and voyages include small-group adventures in Iceland & Kamchatka, coach tours through Scandinavia & Russia, a canal cruise along the Gφta Kanal and an expedition voyage to the North Pole.
Added to the range of active adventures are new cycling and hiking trips in Sweden, Norway and Denmark, as well as treks in Iceland and Greenland.
Why travel with 50 Degrees North
True specialist destination knowledge
Only the best partner suppliers
High quality travel experiences
Value for money
Expert local leaders
Great & unique overnight stays
Come home with something special
Savour a unique region
INDEPENDENT JOURNEYS & SELF DRIVE
- Norwegian Fjords by Rail & Ferry
- Scandinavian Capitals by Rail & Ferry
- Historical Hotels Norway - self drive
- Manor houses of Sweden - self drive
- Castles and Gourmet in Denmark - self drive
- Log cabins & bears of Finland - self drive
- Journey through Lapland - self drive
- Moominland, Astrid Lindgren, Legoland & Trolls
- Iceland Circle - self drive Farm Stay
- Treasures of the Faroe Islands - self drive
- Icebergs & Whales of Greenland
- South Greenland Explorer
- Moscow & St Petersburg in style
- Jalman Meadows Ger Camp
- Trans Mongolian Railway - independent
- Nordic Capitals
- Scandinavia, Finland & Russia
- Treasures of Scandinavia & Finland
- Fjords of Norway
- Iceland Complete
- Kingdoms of Volcanoes & Glaciers
- Basecamp Nordenskiφld
- Bears & Volcanoes of Kamchatka
- Mongolian Odyssey
- Mongolian Fishing Adventure
VOYAGES & CRUISES
- Norwegian Coastal Voyage & Nordic Capitals
- Mountains, Fjords & Classic Coastal Voyage
- Hurtigruten ships & life on board
- Gφta Kanal
- Volga River Cruise
- Skye & the Inner Hebrides
- Around Spitsbergen
- Northeast Greenland
- Plancius & Ortelius ship info
- Conquer the North Pole
- Disko Bay Whale Safari
- West Greenland Coastal Voyage
SPECIAL INTEREST TOURS
TREKS, CYCLING & EXPEDITIONS
- Across Jotunheimen
- Landmannalaugar to Skogar
- Hiking at the End of the World
- In the Footsteps of Eric the Red
- Terre Polaire
- Yak Trek in the Khan Khentii
- Mongol Horse Trails
- Lofoten Adventure Week
- Lofoten by bike
- Rallarvegen by bike
- Gotland by bike
- Bornholm by bike
TAILORMADE - BRICK BY BRICK
- Gothenburg, Stockholm & Copenhagen
- Oslo, Bergen & Lofoten
- Helsinki, Reyjkavik & Tallin
- St Petersburg & Moscow
- Transfers, City Passes and General info
- Norwegian Fjord Options
This brochure covers the regions and holiday types listed below. Click on the links to see more free travel brochures covering the regions and holiday types you are interested in.